1. Acceptance of Orders : All contracts of sale made by Sutton Garden buildings Ltd ("The Company") shall be deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions which shall prevail over any other document or communication from the party with whom the Company is dealing ("The Customer") All orders and contracts are accepted and fulfilled subject to these conditions under English Law unless otherwise agreed in writing.
2. Prices : Are quoted in £ Sterling (and are inclusive of VAT), unless otherwise specified. Prices are exclusive of postage and packing, unless otherwise stated. Delivery will be charged at the current rate. Maintenance of prices is not guaranteed, and they are subject to alteration without notice.
3. Invoices : Goods are charged at the prices ruling at the time of dispatch. VAT where applicable will be applied to all goods or services supplied at the rate in force at the time of invoice.
a. Whilst every effort will be made to dispatch the goods on time, no liability can be accepted by the Company for failure to deliver the goods in the specified time. All delivery times quoted are business estimates only and form no part of any contractual obligation.
b. The Company will accept no liability for shortages, damage, or non delivery of goods, unless the customer notifies the Company in writing within three days of receipt of goods or invoice.
c. The Company's liability for the safety of the goods ceases upon the Company placing the goods under the control and direction of the carrier.
4. Payment : All goods must be paid for in full prior to dispatch. On receipt of your order and deposit, we will confirm, in writing acceptance of your order and hence a contract between us. An initial deposit of 50% can be paid by cash, cheque or electronic bank transfer, the balance is due 7 days prior to delivery by cash, cheque or electronic bank transfer. In the event of payment not being received in time, delivery will be delayed and will be subject to a re-delivery charge. A min £15 Administration charge may be applied for unpaid cheques.
All Buildings are made to order & as such qualify as bespoke items. Once ordered, any deposit paid will be Non Refundable after 7 days from date of order. After the 7th day all 'building' related balances are due in full upon cancellation, such is our liability to our manufacturers. Deposits include provision for business operating costs to get to the point of sale.
5. Title : Ownership of the goods shall remain with the Company until payment in full has been received. Until such payment has been made, the Company may at any time (and with out prejudice to any of its other rights) recover or resell the goods or any part of them. The customer may not resell the goods to which the seller retains title unless agreed by the Company
6. Specifications : Technical data, dimensions and weights etc., quoted are a guide only and no guarantee is given or implied that the goods will conform in absolute detail to the descriptions and illustrations. The Company reserves the right to amend specifications and to withdraw goods without prior notice.
7. Suitability : Other than expressly stated in the catalogue or manufacturers brochures, the Company makes no representations as to the suitability of any goods for any purpose whatsoever.
8. Liability : The Company shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever caused. The Company's liability for any non- performance of any order shall be limited to the value of the goods to which the claim relates .
9. Claims : Non-delivery or damage must be notified to the Company within three days. Inspection of goods on delivery prior to signing acceptance is essential. Carriers' notes for delivery of goods must be endorsed accordingly. Note: Failure to observe the proper claims' procedure will invalidate the Company's contractual liability under these conditions of sale.
10. Returns : Undamaged, unopened and fully marketable goods may be returned by prior agreement of the Company, who reserve the right to make a cancellation or administrative charge.
11. Cancellation : Any cancellations must be notified in writing within 7 days of date of order. This policy is in line with distance selling regulations by which we are governed.
12. Storage : Goods paid for in full, or part paid, may be stored at the Company's discretion by prior arrangement at a rate of 1% of the order value per month following the date after which the customer failed to arrange collection or refused to accept delivery. This amount will be payable before any subsequent collection / delivery.
13. It is entirely the customer's obligation to check the relevant planning requirements and the subsequent suitability of the building that they are purchasing. No claim will be accepted against the company in this respect.
14. Unless we are installing a new base then it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that a level, suitably strong and adequate sized platform exists for the shed or building being ordered. Please also ensure there is easy and unrestricted access to the site of installation, including any height restrictions i.e. arches above side gates or access via garages, covered passageways etc. Failure to undertake these checks may result in delays and additional manufacturing and/or installation charges being incurred. Please do not hesitate to consult us if in any doubt.
15. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under English Law.